Central to our identity as Catholics is that we are called to be leaven for transforming the world, agents for bringing about a kingdom of love and justice.
The Social Service curriculum at Notre Dame Preparatory School moves students from acts of charity to works of justice. Topics that we regularly address with students include:
- How Charity is different from Justice.
- How to recognize the Kingdom of God right here!
- Why Catholic Social Teaching (CST) is the ‘best kept secret in the Catholic Church.’
- How Gospel Values and the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching shine a new light on current political, economic and social issues.
- How CST offers strategic and systemic solutions for social sin.
- How to become an advocate for the poor and marginalized of society.
- Educational resources for the classroom.
- Practical resources for purchasing and investment.
- The SSND local, national and global mission.
- Issue specific meditations and prayers.
- Action Alerts and many ways that you can get involved in Building The Kingdom of God!