Here is all you need to know regarding the Admissions process for the Upper Level at Notre Dame Prep. This will keep you up-to-date on all the important dates during the fall and winter months. Your online application profile will provide a checklist of required application steps and will track the completion process. We hope you can see your daughter and family at NDP.
Upper Level Admissions Checklist
The following items are required for an Upper Level application (see below for more information):
- Shadow Day and Interview
- Application and application fee
- Standardized test scores
- Transcript from current school
- FACTS application (if applying for financial aid)
We strongly recommend that families attend one or more of the following admissions events (click on the hyperlinked event name to register):
- Open House: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (last tour is at 11:45 a.m.)
- Musical Notes Panel, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 6:30 p.m.
- Fall afternoon admissions tours:
- Your Best Shot Lacrosse Clinic (for 4th-8th grade girls): Saturday, October 20, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Dance Day 2018: Saturday, November 3, 2-5 p.m.
- Athletics Open House: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Gateway Theatre Backstage Tour: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 6:30 p.m.
- Admissions Upper Level Student Panel and Info Night: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Upper Level Coffee with the Head (parents-only event): Thursday, November 29, 2018, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- High School Placement Test: Saturday, December, 1, 2018, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Admissions Inclusivity Coffee and Conversation: Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Learning Resources at NDP: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 8:15-9:00 a.m.
Schedule a Shadow day!
Parents, you can either:
- Please call 410-825-0590 before completing the shadow day form. It is important you talk with admissions before scheduling a shadow day.
- Fill out the following "Schedule a Shadow Day" information form online after July 1, 2018; you will receive a call back from the Admissions Office.
Come “See Yourself at NDP” during your Shadow Day visit!
- Shadow days for current 8th-grade girls start September 24th, 2018 and run through December 8th, 2018.
- Please bring a copy of your daughter’s final report card from the previous school year and any standardized test scores (Iowa, PARCC or CTP 4 scores; 2017 or 2018 if possible).
- Drop off is 7:45 AM and pick-up is 2:30 PM. There is a 60 minute Parent Information Session immediately following drop-off at 8:00 AM in the Fishbowl.
- Students shadowing will be provided lunch.
- Apply by the Early Bird Application deadline of Monday, November 5, 2018, and pay just $50! All Early Applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM before the fee increases.
- Apply by Monday, December 3, 2018, by 4 p.m., and pay only $75.
- Apply by Friday, December 14, 2018, by 4 p.m. and pay $100.
Take the HSPT!
- The HSPT is offered at NDP on Saturday, December 1, 2018.
- While we would love for your daughter to take the test at NDP, she can take the HSPT on either December 1 or December 8 at a testing site that is most convenient for her.
- If your daughter is taking the test at NDP, please arrive at 8:30 AM. Testing will conclude at noon.
- Should the December 1 test be postponed due to snow, the snow date at NDP is Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Transcript Release Form
If your daughter attends a public or independent middle school, you will need to print, sign and turn in a transcript release form to her school. Please turn it in to her middle school between November 5 and November 20, 2018. This allows the school to send NDP her full academic transcript. The transcript release form can be accessed here:
Transcript Release Form
(Note—this does not apply to our Catholic school applicants.)
Optional Additional Applications
- Have a talent or passion for dance, science, drama, art, or music? Apply for one of our Gateway Talent Awards! Contact the Admissions Office for more details.
- Apply for Financial Aid from November 1, 2018, through FACTS by January 2, 2019. To learn more about FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment (FACTS), our tuition assistance program, click here.