Here is all you need to know regarding the Admissions process for the Upper Level at Notre Dame Prep. This will keep you up-to-date on all the important dates during the fall and winter months. Your online application profile will provide a checklist of required application steps and will track the completion process. We hope you can see your daughter and family at NDP.
Upper Level Admissions Checklist
The following items are required for an Upper Level application (see below for more information):
- Shadow Day and Interview
- Application and application fee
- Standardized test scores
- Transcript from current school
- FACTS application (if applying for financial aid)
We strongly recommend that families attend one or more of the following admissions events:
- Register here for Open House on Saturday, October 14, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Missed Open House or want to see more of NDP? Attend one of our additional Fall Admissions Events!
- Click here to attend "Musical Notes," a Q&A session with NDP musicians prior to the Fall Concert on Tuesday, October 17, at 6:30 p.m.
- Click here to attend our Athletic Open House on Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Click here to attend our Inclusivity Coffee and Conversation Session on Wednesday, December 6, from 8:30-9:30 am.
- Click here to attend our backstage tour for the fall musical, "Cinderella," on Saturday, November 11, at 6:30 p.m.
- Click here to attend our Upper Level Admissions Information Night & Student Panel on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
- Click here to register for our Upper Level Coffee and Conversation Event (Hear from our Headmistress about life at NDP--Parents Only) on Tuesday, November 28.
- We have numerous opportunities to visit the school during our "Fall Afternoon Tours." To register for one of these afternoon tours, click on the preferred date:
Schedule a Shadow day!
Parents, you can either:
- Call the Admissions Office after July 1st, 2017 OR
- Fill out the following “Schedule a Shadow Day” information form; you will receive a call back from the Admissions Office.
Come “See Yourself at NDP” during your Shadow Day visit!
- Shadow days for current 8th grade girls start September 19th, 2017 and run through December 7th, 2017.
- Please bring a copy of your daughter’s final report card from the previous school year and any standardized test scores (Iowa, PARCC or CTP 4 scores; 2016 or 2017 if possible).
- Drop off is 7:45 AM and pick-up is 2:30 PM. There is a 60 minute Parent Information Session immediately following drop-off at 8:00 AM in the Fishbowl.
- Students shadowing will be provided lunch.
- Apply by the Early Bird Application deadline of Friday, November 3, 2017 and pay just $50! All Early Applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM before the fee increases.
- Apply by Monday, December 4, by 4 p.m., and pay only $75.
- Apply by Friday, December 15, by 4 p.m. and pay $100.
Take the HSPT!
- The HSPT is offered at NDP on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
- While we would love for your daughter to take the test at NDP, she can take the HSPT on either December 2 or December 9 at a testing site that is most convenient for her.
- If your daughter is taking the test at NDP, please arrive at 8:30 AM. Testing will conclude at noon.
- Should the December 2 test be postponed due to snow, the snow date at NDP is Saturday, December 9, 2017.
- Click here to sign up for the HSPT!
Transcript Release Form
If your daughter attends a public or independent middle school, you will need to print, sign and turn in a transcript release form to her school. Please turn it in to her middle school between November 3 and November 20, 2017. This allows the school to send NDP her full academic transcript. The transcript release form can be accessed here:
Transcript Release Form
(Note—this does not apply to our catholic school applicants.)
Optional Additional Applications
- Have a talent or passion for dance, science, drama, art or music? Apply for one of our Gateway Talent Awards! Click here for more information about applying.
- Apply for Financial Aid from November 1, 2017, through FACTS by January 2, 2018. To learn more about FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment (FACTS), our tuition assistance program, click here.