The Middle Level dance program introduces students to World Dance, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Tap, Ballet, Modern, and Dance for Social Justice. The Upper Level dance program offers courses for both the novice and more advanced dancers and includes several performing opportunities throughout the school year. Participants in the Upper Level program develop technical and performing skills through a series of units in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Composition, Somatic Practices, Dance for Social Justice, and Dance History.
Highlights of the NDP Dance Program
- Member of the National Dance Education Organization
- Annual inductions into the National Honor Society in Dance Arts
- Member of the Maryland Dance Education Association
- Upper Level Performing Arts Dance Classes
- Middle Level Performing Arts Dance Class
- Middle Level Summer Dance Camp
- Performing Arts Dance students perform in two dance performances each year, school assemblies, and dance related field trips.
- Partnership with Towson University’s Dance Education program
- Upper Level Dance Company rehearses every Tuesday and Thursday after school and participates in performances, assemblies, festivals, and dance related field trips
- Dance Company Summer Intensive for the Upper Level Dance Company
- Two guest choreographers are brought in each year to work with the UL Dance Company