Mother Philemon Doyle Library @ NDP
Mother Philemon Doyle (1874-1961) spent her entire life serving God and others. Raised by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, she entered the convent on Charles Street in 1896. She served as both a teacher and principal before returning to the College of Notre Dame in 1919 as president and mother superior. The library is named in her memory.
- Refurbished in 2012 through generous donations from the Class of 2012 and the Parents’ Association.
- Open from 7:30 – 4:30 each day.
- Student Work Center with self-service black & white and color copiers
- Laptops available for in-library use.
- Separate library classroom with an interactive projector.
- Three “break-out” rooms available for group study or independent work.
- Studious atmosphere maintained throughout the day.
- The MacIntosh Reading Room houses The Margot and Diane Dippold Women’s Collection Reading Room – a gift from NDP alumna Dr. Diane Dippold MacIntosh '58 containing books by, for, and about women